Sunday, March 29, 2015

Super Easy Veggie and Cheesy Quiche

This weekend was super chaotic. The State Forensics tournament was being held at our school on Saturday and since I am the assistant coach (no idea how that happened), I spent all Saturday running around like a crazy person at school, which meant today was reserved for grading and lesson planning. When it came time to make dinner tonight, I really had no energy, but I did not want order in. Since the husband is at work, I could make whatever I wanted, so I settled on breakfast for dinner. 

One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is this quiche because you can use whatever you want in it. I tend to just throw in whatever vegetables I have on hand, so there is really no shopping involved and it always ends up delicious! The ingredients listed below are what I used tonight.

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup of diced onion
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 oz. feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
  • salt and pepper to taste
Everything except the eggs and milk
Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Quickly rinse the mushrooms and chop them up. Put the mushrooms in a skillet coated with non-stick spray, add the minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium-high and saute the mushrooms until they release their moisture and no water remains in the bottom of the skillet (5-7 minutes).
  • Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray and layer the spinach in the bottom of the dish. Next add the mushrooms (with minced garlic), the onions, and the bell peppers. Top with crumbled feta.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the milk, Parmesan, and another sprinkle of pepper. Whisk to combine. (This can be done while the mushrooms are cooking.) Pour the mixture over the veggies and feta.

  • Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the egg mixture.
  • Place the quiche into the preheated over and bake until its golden brown on top and the center is solid. As all ovens are different, this will probably take between 45 minutes and an hour (for me, it took 55 minutes).
  • Slice, serve, and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment